INFRASTRUCTURE AND TECHNICAL FACILITIES
- Forest tree improvement and tissue culture laboratory
- Forest tree diseases and insect pest laboratory
- Forest soil, plant analysis and forest environment laboratory
- Wood and forest products preservation laboratory
- Wood anatomy and wood mechanical and physical properties laboratory.
- Wood processing and forest engineering laboratory.
* Information resources
- Specialized library with about 20,000 copies of books and journals covering scientific and technical fields of forestry: Silviculture, forest industry, forest economics in various languages: Russian, English, French, German, Chinese, Spanish.
- Internet, Website, LAN.
- Database on books in the VAFS library and forest research results and forest projects in Vietnam
* Research sites
- Research sites under VAFS management are located at the Centres with the total area of over 11,000 ha of which 1,500 ha is natural broad-leaved evergeen forest.
- In addition there are other sites for joint research with various production units and National Parks.
- The Vietnamese Academy of Forest Science is a member of IUFRO and APAFRI.
- Relationships have also been established with many international organizations, including forest organizations of the Asia-Pacific region, and forest research institutes in many countries such as FAO, ICRAF, WB, IPGRI, JICA, JOFCA, KOICA, IUCN, DANIDA, CSIRO, ACIAR, AVI, PI, Oxfarm, Tropenbos, SIDA, GIZ, INBAR, FRIM, SIDA, CIFOR, China, Czech Republic, The Netherlands, Australia, etc.